PURCHASE TICKETS TO THIS EVENT
Presented by the Georgia Allman Brothers Band Association
September 21-23, 2018 Macon, Georgia
- Friday Night at the Douglass Theatre
- The Sonny Moorman Group with Special Guest Johnny Neel, Kunio Kishida & Friends, Stashpocket featuring Adam Gorman & Dustin McCook
- Doors at 6:00, Show at 7:00
- Friday Night Aftershow at Grant's Lounge: Sanctified Revival
Saturday Night at the Douglass Theatre - AUCTION NIGHT
An Evening with Jack Pearson
Doors at 6:30, Show at 7:30
SATURDAY AFTERPARTY @ GRANT'S LOUNGE
Saturday Afternoon at the Big House
The GABBA Member’s Jam - 1:00– 4:00
Hosted by Dirty Uncle Bob
Special Weekend Guest/Artist at Large - Heather Gillis
Sunday Tree Dedication at Rose Hill Cemetery
Sunday "GABBA Hangover at the Big House" -
- Kunio Kishida
- Sanctified Revival
- The Jesse Williams Band
For more information go to https://www.facebook.com/gabbafest/
For more information call 478-765-2822 or check our website at www.gabba.org
The Georgia Allman Brothers Band Association (GABBA) has been dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the Allman Brothers Band musical heritage in Georgia since 1992. GABBA is a registered non-profit in the state of Georgia. Each year we produce GABBAfest, a world famous musical festival that reunites Allman Brothers fans from all parts of the world. Proceeds from GABBAfest are donated to numerous charities and non-profits in the Middle Georgia area, as well as to musicians and other members of the GABBA family who have medical needs. Our accomplishments include:
- Adopting Rose Hill Cemetery as part of the Bibb County “Adopt a Spot” beautification program.
- Preserving the Capricorn collection at the former Phoenix Studios.
- Preserving and donating a framed mushroom pendant belonging to Duane Allman to the Big House/Allman Brothers Band Museum.
- Donating items to Washington Memorial Library in Macon
for the Middle Georgia Archives.
- Contributing annually to the Macon Methodist Home for Children and Youth in memory of Joe Dan Petty.
- Dedication of the Duane Allman Boulevard and the Berry Oakley, Jr. Bridge signs in Macon.
- Proclamation of Duane Allman and Berry Oakley, Jr. Day in Macon.
- Contributing to the Big House Foundation for the Allman Brothers Band Museum.
- Contributions to the former Georgia Music Hall of Fame.
- Contributing annually to the Historic Rose Hill Cemetery Foundation.
- Collaborating with New Town Macon to provide tours of the Capricorn Studios during GABBAFEST.
- Contributing to ABB family and friends who are in need of assistance due to medical issues.
- Sponsoring the historical marker at the Byron Race Track, site of the 1970 Atlanta Pop Festival.
- Presented a historical plaque to the Library Ballroom, site of the College Discotheque in Macon.
Founding Mission Statement
“GABBA is a foundation of fans who feel like family, dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the Allman Brothers Band musical heritage in Georgia by making tangible contributions to projects, programs and plans to insure this heritage is not lost but indeed remembered, revered, and reveled in as an important part of Macon’s, the South’s, the nation’s and even the world’s musical and cultural legacy whose very roots are found here in Georgia. We respect and admire their music and feel as if we are members of their extended family yet still respect and admire their personal families without infringing or imposing on their private lives.
From the beginning to now, through tragedy and triumph, their music has enriched our lives, and we feel we must, and we can, give something back to insure the proper and perpetual preservation of this musical heritage that has so blessed our lives. Our goals include the collecting, preserving, nurturing, and sharing of this music history, contributing to the care and upkeep of Rose Hill Cemetery and recognizing other ABB landmarks in Georgia, and contributing to the development of the Georgia Music Hall of Fame (GMHF) and the Big House Foundation Museum.”
Membership in GABBA is open to all ABB fans everywhere. GABBA is a registered non-profit association in the state of Georgia. GABBA membership dues and financial contributions are not tax-deductible.
The Georgia Allman Brothers Band Association
P.O. Box 2658
Macon, GA 31203-2658